Friday, August 21, 2026

How Do You Handle Disappointment😔😔

 I suffered a disappointment today.

It's been going on for 2 days, so here is what happened. I received a text from a temporary agency representative to respond "interested" if I'd like to pursue a contract-to-hire position at a local car dealership. I immediately texted back "interested". I received a call from the representative with more information about the position and scheduled it for that day at 1:00 p.m. I stopped everything, got prepared, dressed, and interviewed for the position.  

The interview went great. The hiring agent asked me if I would like to accept the position. I told her I would gladly accept. I mentioned to her that I had a pre-scheduled vacation from 9/8 through 9/14th, and she replied that it should not be a problem. I was introduced to the staff I'd work with and given a work schedule. The hiring agent told me she would contact the temporary service to proceed with the hiring process. She asked me when I could start.

I was so happy. I got home, got comfortable, and carried on with my daily chores.  I did not receive a call from the temporary agency the next day. On day three, I called the temporary agency. The representative asked me if I was calling regarding the interview. I told her I was, and she said Your interview went great; they really fought for you, but because of your pre-scheduled vacation and the scheduled vacations for current staff, they could not move forward in the hiring process.

I was so sad. I was disappointed too. Let me ask you all, "How do you handle life's disappointments 😞?"




Thank you for listening!